Saturday, January 19, 2013

Shout for Joy!

About ten months ago when our family was going through a particularly difficult trial, I was at our homeschool co-op one day and a friend came up to me saying that God had me on her heart all week, and she didn't know what was going on with me, but felt led to intercede for me. This is not someone I hang out with on a regular basis, but someone I admire greatly and I was touched that God would place me on her heart, because I know what a prayer warrior she is. We were sitting in the hallway of the church where our co-op meets and she said God had given her a scripture to pray over me, so she did right there in the hallway, inserting my name into this scripture from Zephaniah 3:

14Shout for joy, O daughter Jill! Shout in triumph, O Jill! Rejoice and exult with all your heart, O daughter Jill!
15 The LORD has taken away His judgments against you, He has cleared away your enemies. The King of Israel, the LORD, is in your midst; You will fear disaster no more.
16 In that day it will be said to Jill: "Do not be afraid, O Jill; Do not let your hands fall limp.
17 "The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.
18 "I will gather those who grieve about the appointed feasts - They came from you, O Zion; The reproach of exile is a burden on them.
19"Behold, I am going to deal at that time With all your oppressors, I will save the lame And gather the outcast, And I will turn their shame into praise and renown In all the earth.
20 "At that time I will bring you in, Even at the time when I gather you together; Indeed, I will give you renown and praise Among all the peoples of the earth, When I restore your fortunes before your eyes," Says the LORD.

As you can well imagine, this was an extremely powerful moment and I felt His presence there in that hallway. Well, as powerful as it was in the moment, as time went on, I'm sad to say I forgot about this occurrence. 

However, last week as I was seeking God's promises for this new year, He brought it back to mind. I re-read the scripture and felt hope renewed. The friend who'd prayed it over me is not participating in co-op this year and I haven't had any interaction with her for about eight months, other than an occasional comment on a facebook post or something. On Sunday I was driving to church and stopped at the red light, preparing to turn right onto the main road that leads to our church, when there, driving past was my friend and her family in their large, hard-to-miss van! I thought this was interesting, since she'd just been on my mind when God reminded me of that scripture and the timing of it was just too coincidental.

But wait, there's more! I arrived at church early like I always do for some soaking time with my spiritual sister, Amy before family worship begins. As we prayed together, she said she felt like God wanted her to share a scripture with me.  Care to guess which one it was???

Yes!!!  Zephaniah 3:14-20!!! I mean, really!  Who reads ZEPHANIAH?!?!!!  
I was too overwhelmed to speak for a moment, but when I finally found my voice, I managed to squeak out, "He is such a pursuer! I mean He just LOVES me SO MUCH!!"

And so, at the beginning of this new year I am digging deeper into this gold mine, in which He has obviously hidden precious treasure meant just for me, His beloved daughter. I'd say that's a pretty good reason to shout for joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment