Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Savannah Smiles

Brooke, my sweet "adopted" daughter, Kellie, and I had the honor of traveling to Savannah, GA to spend time with some amazing folks, Jason Lee Jones, his family, and church family.
Jason is an anointed worship leader who travels the world, leading worshipers into the throne room. He has been an integral part of Brooke's story.
One day during Harvest School, Brooke had a powerful vision. She and her Harvest School sister, Lorraine, were set on fire and burned up til there was nothing left but ashes, then God poured Living Water on them and brought them back to life. As Brooke was trying to tell Lorraine about this, Jason (of course, not knowing what Brooke was seeing in the spirit) began singing about fire!
God told Brooke that He was burning away everything in these girls that was not Him. He wanted to totally consume them. For ten days, the girls experienced His Presence as an all-consuming Fire, and for ten days, Jason (still knowing nothing of this vision) sang about fire!
Just when Brooke thought she couldn't take it any more, because what she was experiencing was so intense, Jason announced that they'd been singing about fire long enough and it was time for some Living Water!!  Wow!!  Only God!!!
It was this encounter with the Living God that led Brooke to get baptized by the Holy Spirit in the Indian Ocean. It was this encounter that God took her back to again and again following the tragedy she walked through in February.
A few weeks ago Brooke and some Harvest School sisters got to travel to Sarasota to visit their friends who were leading Harvest School there. This trip was marked by favor in too many ways to count, but one way is that Brooke got to meet Jason and his precious family. She got to share with them her whole story and the role Jason played in it. What a blessing that Jason told Brooke he wanted to adopt her as his spiritual daughter. He prayed an impartation prayer over her, basically freely giving to her what he's freely received in the realm of prophetic worship, particularly in Portuguese, since Brooke wants to teach the boys how to lead worship and they speak Portuguese.
Jason's ministry is based in Savannah. He had a rare free weekend at home which coincided with a rare free weekend for us, so the three of us headed down to spend some time there.
Jason has such a Papa heart and pours into so many young people's lives. So refreshing to spend time with world changers. His lovely wife, Gina is wise beyond her years and I enjoyed visiting with her in a picturesque park setting. The two of them are raising two little world changers of their own, Josiah and Faith Tuesday. What joy they carry!
We also spent time with Josh and Rachael, who met at Harvest School and are now engaged to be married. They both tap into the heart of worship in a very special way and it was a blessing to be around them, soaking up their passion for Jesus.
Friday morning we spent some time at the Jones' home, then we drove into Savannah for lunch, and dropped by Jason's mom's house for a brief visit. She is paralyzed and Jason adores her. As we entered her room, there was such a sweetness radiating from her. We prayed over her, blessed her, and left feeling very honored that we got to meet her.
Friday evening we went to Jason's church, which meets in a beautiful home. Since our church, The Nest also meets on Friday evenings and we started out in a home, it felt like home to us. The biggest difference was that here we usually worship with recorded music, but there Jason led live worship. It was water to my soul.
Jason then said he felt like some folks were in need of a hug from Papa and he would be honored to be His arms, so several came down to the rug where he was sitting and he just embraced them. Some were visibly touched by the Father's love in a deep way. Love looks like something and love is simple. That moment, it looked like a hug.
Jason shared a good word then introduced Brooke, who shared her testimony. While she shared, Josh scooted over near me, removed my shoes, and bowed over them, washing my feet with his tears. I could feel the warmth of his breath on top of my bare feet, and I was undone. Such a humbling experience. There really are no words. The next day as we ate lunch while touring lovely Savannah, Josh announced to the table that Brooke was his hero. While in Sarasota he'd wept over Brooke's feet as well. He said she looked like Jesus to him and I was his Mary. He honored me for saying yes to God. Wow, Jesus. As I said, no words will suffice, except humbling...
After Brooke shared, Jason asked me to join her on the rug and everyone gathered around and prayed over us. I could feel love and honor pouring out all over us. So beautiful.
Then Jason said he sensed there were people there who needed freedom from fear and asked Brooke and me to pray over anyone who needed it. He asked those who wanted prayer to raise their hands and there was a pretty, petite girl sitting right next to me who raised her hand, so I put my arm around her and she collapsed into my arms, weeping. I just sat there and held her, stroking her back, loving on her, praying as words came, but mostly I just embraced her, allowing Jesus to love her and break off chains of fear through me. 
A young man came to me and asked if I would pray for his wife. I prayed as the Spirit led and as I chatted with her afterward, I discovered that her dad is the one bound up in fear, which keeps her from fully walking in her destiny, because she doesn't want to cause him worry. I shared with her that I too used to be bound up in fear, but what God used to break it off me was declaring His Word out loud. I took up my sword of the spirit and declared its truth over the lies behind fear over and over again until I was finally free. Freely I have received, so freely I gave to this precious one and her dad. Do it again, Lord!
I love being on the receiving end of love, but even more I love being on the giving end. Being able to minister in His Name makes my spirit come alive. What an honor to be His hands and feet.
Saturday I was the "old lady" walking around town with all the young "whippersnappers"!  They were so sweet to let me tag along and I thoroughly enjoyed their company. While enjoying the lovely city of Savannah, we did one of my other favorite things - swapped God stories! At lunch I sat by a young man named Isaiah who looks like Bruno Mars and has an incredible testimony! He shared his story and I shared with him stories from treasure hunts God has taken me on. He peppered Brooke with questions about life in Mozambique, since he's praying about joining Jason on his next trip over. This young man is a dazzling bright light in the Kingdom!
After a long day of sightseeing, we returned to Jason and Gina's house, even though neither of them was there, and popped popcorn, made brownies, played Wii, and just hung out. Then Josh pulled out his guitar and he, Rachael, and Brooke led us in some spontaneous worship. Perfect way to end a wonderful day.
We drove back home Sunday with happy hearts, thanking God for this new branch of our family tree. I just love the way He knits hearts together with His children all over the world. He knits us together with the thread of His love. Loving The One through worship and loving the one through honoring and ministering in His Name, which in turn, is a way of loving Him, since He's the One Who calls us to love...wow! What a blessing to be part of this beautiful cycle. It does indeed make me smile...which makes Him smile...well...you get the picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment