Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"I'm Going to Mozambique!"


How can one little phrase change a person’s life forever? Simply by “loving the One and loving the one.” That’s what Heidi Baker taught about at the Voice of The Apostle’s conference that I attended this fall. If you are not familiar with Heidi Baker, she is a missionary in Mozambique, Africa. The Lord has performed many miracles and wonders through her ministry called, Iris Ministries.
After attending the conference The Lord spoke clearly to me telling me that I am going to Mozambique to work with Iris Ministries and Heidi Baker. You have to understand, that I never pictured myself going on a mission trip overseas. I always thought it was a wonderful thing to do but never thought I was supposed to, so for me to even think something like this would have to be from my Savior!
After confirming it with The Lord, I came downstairs and said to my mom, “I’m going to Mozambique. Don’t know how, when, or who I’m going with. But I’m going”! Her response was “well, ok!”
Ever since I had that first thought God has been working everything out. We have some friends from Jackson, MS who are connected with Iris Ministries and go to Mozambique every year. A couple from my church and I will be going with them this summer.
We will be staying at three of Iris Ministries’ bases throughout Mozambique helping in orphanages, schools, churches, and so on… We are going to serve the Lord and we will do whatever He needs us to do and whatever the missionaries with Iris need us to do. Whether it’s simply sitting and loving on the children, or preaching on the back of a truck!
The trip is from July 11 through July 29 of this year. I am confident that God is going to work everything out for me and it is going to be a very easy process…easy because I am trusting in Him to provide everything that I will need…from health, to expenses, to safety, and anything else that the enemy might try to worry me with. I am usually one who worries all the time, but I can honestly say that I have not worried very much at all so far in this process. That is from my sweet Jesus!
Obviously, traveling half way around the world isn’t very cheap. I have a part time job, babysit a lot, and I am making different craft items to sell in order to raise money. I have also invited friends & family to participate through prayer and giving. I know that God will bless and multiply all offerings for His glory. I am looking forward to what He is going to do on this trip.
“Where you go, I’ll go. Where you stay, I’ll stay. When you move, I’ll move. I will follow. Who you love, I’ll love. How you serve, I’ll serve. In this life, I’ll lose. I will follow YOU!” - Chris Tomlin.

Matthew 22:36-40

No comments:

Post a Comment