Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just a Little Woman in the Dirt...

That's how Heidi Baker describes herself.  She may indeed be little in stature, but her heart for God is HUGE!  God has used her and her husband, Rolland to save the lives of countless of Mozambique's forgotten...the poor...the orphan...the widow...
Heidi has become one of my modern day heroes of the faith, so you can imagine my excitement when my daughter, Brooke and I had the opportunity to see her speak in person at the Global Awakening Voice of the Apostles conference in Baltimore, MD October of 2010.
As soon as she opened her mouth to usher in the Lord's presence with her beautiful sounds of praise, the entire atmosphere of the room changed.  This was going to be good!  Her message was simple, yet so gripped my heart, I thought it surely must be breaking in two.  Her main point - at least the one that stood out most to me - was short but oh so sweet!  Seven little words that completely rocked my world!
"Love The ONE and love the one"...the entire Gospel summed up in seven little words...Jesus' answer to the one who asked Him what the greatest commandment was - presented here in just seven little words...Love The ONE and love the one...
That's all it took and I was completely undone...I mean on my face. on the carpet. UNDONE!
The Lord did a new work in my heart that morning.  I would later discover that He had also done a new work in Brooke's heart as well as others who had attended the conference with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment