Tuesday, June 7, 2011

To Be Continued.....

Through this whole journey, I've grown to love the little things dearly. From shopping for travel size toiletries, to getting a bunch of hand held fans, to praying and growing everyday, I'm loving every second of it.

I feel like God is really starting to prepare me physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I had a really amazing encounter with Him the other night at church where He gave me a comforting picture. It was Him and I holding hands and walking around and skipping and having a good time. Then for whatever reason I looked away and got busy doing something else, then I started to feel sick and worried and stressed. I turned back around and Jesus was still standing there with His hand held out and was like "what are you doing? I never let go, I'm still here. Just take my hand and trust me, it's that easy." So I did and I felt 100% better. He was like "just stay with Me and everything will be fine, don't worry about whats going on around you." We then started dancing and having a great time and I never let go again.

It's the little things like these that are getting me more and more excited and prepared. It still doesn't seem real to me quite yet. It probably won't hit me till I'm stepping off that 14 hour flight and onto the African soil. But that's ok with me. As long as I keep my eyes on the prize (Jesus) I know I'll be ok. :)

Today I was at Kohls in the checkout line and they had a shelf of these really cute zebra stuffed animals for like $5. They caught my eye at first and I was like oh that's cute. Then God gave me a picture of me giving one of those zebras to a sweet child in Mozambique. I didn't really think much of it and was going to continue on through the line but for some reason I couldn't stop thinking about that little zebra. It was one of those moments where you know if you don't get it, you would be thinking about it for like the rest of your life..... so I bought one.....
Not sure who is going to receive it or what will be passed on to him or her through it. It must be something good though because I could not stop thinking about it! haha!

So all this to say....... God has begun the work and the rest is to be continued...... (:

No comments:

Post a Comment