Friday, July 29, 2011

I'm Back!

Well, I'm back in the USA!

Still trying to process everything. It's very bittersweet being back. Trying to remember that home is Heaven. Not Mozambique, and not here in TN. I miss everyone and everything in Mozambique, but I'm so happy to be back with my family and church family here.

I am forever changed after all the incredible experiences I had with God while there. I saw so many miracles, so many salvation's, so much poverty, so much hope, so many beautiful children.

These people have basically nothing. No electricity, no running water, so beds, no TV's or computers, no toys, no clothes accept the ones they are wearing, many do not have houses, many do not have families. But they have Jesus. I have never seen anybody so in love with Jesus. They have nothing, yet they worship Jesus better than I've ever seen anyone worship. It was truly humbling.

There is so many stories to share, I could write a book. But I'll keep it short for this post...

I, personally, had several encounters with the Holy Spirit. One particular time was in Pemba during a service with Heidi and Rolland Baker. We had an amazing time of worship and dancing, then Heidi felt like there were several people there who wanted to completely let go of themselves and say YES to whatever God has for them. To become a complete 100% laid down lover of Jesus. Not to care what other people think, or what it might look like doing God's will, but instead, die to myself and lean completely on Jesus. I had always thought that I had been doing this, but after seeing and experiencing Jesus in a whole new way, I realized that I was a very selfish person. I would try to make up my own plans instead of trusting completely in God's plan. So when Heidi spoke this, My heart caught on fire. I was like "I want this"!!! She then said "if anyone wants this, get on your knees and put your hands up and me and Rolland will come around and pray for you." So i did. When Heidi got around to me, she grabbed my hand the Holy Spirit touched me and it was like electricity rushed through my body and i fell on the ground and just cried. As I was laying there, I was letting go of myself and falling on Jesus. Then Rolland came around to me and put his hands on my shoulders and said "MORE LORD!" and i fell down again and cried. Jesus was touching me through Heidi and Rolland. It was such an amazing feeling. A feeling that I want to have ALL the time! Not just in Mozambique, but here too.

That's just one of the many many many amazing things that happened to me while I was there. I hope to share every lat one with you at some point.

Pray that God will show me how to bring all that I experienced and learned while I was there, back here and share it all.
Pray for wisdom about decisions in the future.
Pray that I will stay in this place of becoming a laid down lover of Jesus. Pray that I will NEVER lose this feeling.
Pray that I will be able to go to the Harvest School of Missions in Pemba next summer. If it's God's will. I never thought I would want to do it, but after being there and attending some of the classes, God really spoke to me and told me that I will be going at some point. So pray that that will all work out!

Thank you all for your prayers and support throughout this journey.

This is just the beginning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment