Friday, July 22, 2011

When I Call on Jesus

I'm thinking of the Nicole C Mullins song that says,
When I call on Jesus,
All things are possible
I can mount on wings like eagles' and soar
When I call on Jesus,
Mountains are gonna fall
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth to come rescue me when I call

Brooke called this afternoon with an urgent prayer request.  They were originally told their flight from Dondo to Maputo would depart at 3:30, but Amy received an email from the airport that the flight had been changed to 9 p.m., so they planned accordingly and showed up in time to board that flight.  The problem was that the airport officials said they hadn't changed their flight and that they'd missed their 3:30 flight, and that there was no room left on the 9 p.m. flight.  I sent out texts and phone calls to some prayer warrior friends and we prayed for seats to miraculously open up, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

She called later, a bit dejected, back at the Dondo base to report that they will try again at 8 in the morning. Please pray for favor, so they can get to Maputo without having to miss another moment of what God's doing there.  Pray that if there is some greater reason they've been detained in Dondo that God would open their eyes to see it. Brooke was frustrated because the airport officials weren't taking responsibility for their error and didn't seem to care whether they served their customers or not.  Every incident that has occurred during the trip has happened at an airport. First the Jackson folks missed their connecting flight in Atlanta, then there were problems with the speakers they were trying to deliver to the ministry.  There was the problem with their bags when they left Pemba for Dondo...

So...I pray that they will indeed get to mount on wings like eagles' (or airplanes!) tomorrow morning and soar to Maputo. I pray that the airport officials will see Jesus in our team.  I pray they will get some rest tonight and be ready to hit the ground running when they finally arrive in Maputo.  Brooke was disappointed that their time in Maputo was being cut short, because of this delay, but I pray that every second of the time they do have there will be filled to overflowing with God's presence, love, and activity.  

I pray the bridge of that song:

Call Him in the morning', in the afternoon time
Late in the evening' He'll be there
When your heart is broken,
And you feel discouraged,
You can just remember that He said
He'll be there

No comments:

Post a Comment