Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It's gonna be a Very Good Day!

We sing a song at church that says
It's a good good good good good good mornin'...
It's gonna be a very good day
'Cause You're a good good good good good good God...
You are a very good God...
Let us remember why we are here today
We're here to sing and we are here to praise
Our God in heaven, so let me hear you say (YEAH!)
He is our King and the Maker of today!


I woke up with that song in my head, because tomorrow morning Brooke, Ed, and Kay will finally be home!  I have missed them so much and can't wait to see them, hug them, and hear their amazing God stories!  I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve, thinking the day will drag so slowly and Christmas morning will never come!  But this morning, God reminded me that strength will rise when we wait on Him.  Where does the strength come from?  His joy!  The joy of the Lord is my strength.  So, I choose to joyfully sing a silly song of praise to Him instead of watching the clock.  Instead of crying about how much I miss my girl, I choose tears of joy as I anticipate her sweet homecoming.  Instead of being Martha wearily going through my to do list of mundane chores and daily activities, I choose to be Mary and remember why I'm here today...to sing and to praise my God in heaven.  Yes, I still have to do the things on my list, but I do them with a song in my heart that says, You are a good good good good good good God for blessing me with a beautiful house to clean and share with others...enough clothes for my family that we have all this laundry that needs to be done...electricity and running water that make that job so much easier...enough food to eat that I have dirty dishes to wash...a good job for my husband, which provides all that our family needs and even some things we don't...friends who stepped in and helped fill the void in Brooke's absence...


I could go on and on and on about how He reveals His goodness to us in so many many ways!  


Riding in a car is one of my least favorite things to do, but as we make our way to Atlanta later tonight, if you happen to pass us on the interstate, you just might catch me making a joyful noise to the Lord and especially as we drive back home tomorrow with a car full of testimonies of God's goodness.


He really is a good good good good good good God!

No comments:

Post a Comment